TopBand: T30R

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: T30R
From: JBaumgarte@aol.com (JBaumgarte@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 11:02:46 EST
In a message dated 99-03-17 06:30:56 EST, W9VNE writes:

<<
 I am amazed at the lack of operating skill by so many. When they
 announced down 3, 99 percent of the pack kept calling and calling on
 frequency or near it. Their signal was very very good and the operating
 skill at T30R very good.

It was a great morning, it was--to be sure!  After listening for T30R several
mornings and hearing nothing while hearing stations not too far away working
him, I was beginning to wonder if it was to be.

This morning I heard him on 80 say he was going to 160 at 09:15Z and, of
course, followed.  At first only could detect a few dits now and then and the
calling group was large, but suddenly, the noise went down, his signal went
up, and two calls later he was in the log.  I was sick of getting up at 3 a.m.
and having nothing to show for it--twas a great feeling.

These guys are doing a wonderful job--think I've got them on 9 bands now.
Sure glad it wasn't a one week deal!

John
N0IJ