Topband: Top Band Who's Who

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Top Band Who's Who
From: K3BU@aol.com (K3BU@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 23:24:00 EDT
Catching up with updates, all updates received todate are in, records include
WPX SSB 98 scores.
I would prefer updates submitted via email, rather than filling the form.
With all the Mellissas and other macro viruses it is safer to receive email,
rather than with attachments generated by form.

Congrats to Bill, W4ZV being first to reach magic 300 number!

Thanks to all those who called and worked me as VA1A in WPX SSB (QSL via
K3BU). Condx were very staticky, I still managed to beat my last year's
score, I am hoping that it will survive. This was probably my last operation
from VE1ZZ. Jack's place is getting plagued with RFI. I have found quiet
place in Nova Scotia, on a peninsula and I hope to fire up in WPX CW again as
VA1A. Planning to use loaded vertical array and beverages, operating with
generator power. It will be interesting to see if this QTH will outdo
VE1ZZ's. This will be my last 160m contest operation, time to move up with
sunspots. 160 is getting lonely, condx are fading, many multis don't even
bother to operate 160. Don't forget, domestic QSOs in WPX count for 1 point
now!
See you all there!

73 Yuri
K3BU, VE3BMV, VE1BY