Topband: DJ8WL silent key

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: DJ8WL silent key
From: btippett@alum.MIT.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:23:10 -0400 (EDT)
Hello Topbanders,

        I was also very sad to learn of Peter's death.  I first met
Peter in person during an impromptu gathering of Topbanders near Frankfurt
while there on a business trip in 1993.  I also stayed at his home and
roomed with him during the 1997 Friedrichshafen radio convention.  Peter
was always very helpful and I really admired his quiet modesty, even though
he was one of the most accomplished Topbanders anywhere.  I never knew W1BB
but I guess they shared similar traits as well as a love for Topband.

        As a small way of remembering Peter, I am sponsoring the ARRL DX
CW Plaque for 160 single operator US entrants.  It will be called the
DJ8WL Memorial.  I hope each of us will remember what a fine gentleman
he was.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV