Topband: Strange condx:

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Strange condx:
From: k1uo@banet.net (Larry Emery)
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 08:34:59 -0400
Hi folks,

The past two nites have been a bit strange here on 160.  Night before
last I caught Ben CN8WW CQing on the band and coming in almost 599!!!  I
called and called without even the slightest response!!   Last night I
caught HZ1AB  calling CQ on 1.822  approximately 45 mins before his
sunrise and again called and called with not so much of a return QRZ!
HZ1AB was abt 549 here.
I was the only one calling them as far as I know and they continued to
CQ for a while longer, then left the band.  A bit later HA8BE was caught
with 579 sigs and PY's were bombing in 59+ on 1.850 SSB.  I had no
trouble working HA or PY (More North/South) but nothing to the EAST and
thats the favored direction of the elevated vertical what with the 150ft
tower about 130feet behind it!!
HZ1AB would have been a new one....Congrats Steve on your HC8N qso!!!

73 de K1UO Larry