Topband: "NOT IN LOG"

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: "NOT IN LOG"
From: k1uo@banet.net (Larry Emery)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:25:07 -0400
After reading Bernie's W3UR article in the July issue of QST, I was
reminded of a similar experience, and still ongoing I might add, with a
160 meter qso with the 8Q7IO expedition.  No matter how many times I
tried (and there were many!!!) I could not get the operator to correct
my call to K1UO from K2UO that he logged. George is a friend and has
been on 160 for many years and I suppose his call was/is familiar to
many Topbanders and I suspect this was the case here.  At the time I
sent a note to the Webmaster of their logging page detailing the problem
and George also sent a note describing how he was not on the air at the
time of my QSO.  However, I guess we should have went direct to the QSL
manager instead as detailed in Bernie's "HOW'S DX" column.  Guess I'll
try to find the manager's call and E-Mail address and try again!!    If
you see this George, I need your help again!!!
Never give up!!

73 de K1UO Larry