Topband: Force 12 / Gladiator verticals

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Force 12 / Gladiator verticals
From: kr1g@hotmail.com (ted demopoulos)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:47:23 PDT
I stuck a Gladiator TL (Top Loaded) 80m vertical on the beach in Maine with
about 10 radials for the CQ WW SSB. Did single band 80 - hadn't been on the
band in over a decade. Lots of people blew away my score, but I was very
very happy (about 80K non-corrected score).
Did similarly to what a nearby MM with a fullsize 4-square did on 80.

The Gladiator is now in New Hampshire, in the (thick) woods with only 24
radials. Great performer in my less than scholarly opinion. Hope, time
permitting, to have a Gladiator 4 square up this fall. With either many more
OR elevated radials.

Definitely anecdotal info, but I'm real happy. BTW, 2:1 bandwidth is about
275kc. So I can cover CW and SSB as I'm not too uptite about SWR :)

Plan on getting the 160m TL Gladiator as well and will report on my hopeful
success on topband .

73

Ted, KR1G