Topband: R1MVA Sunrise/Sunset

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: R1MVA Sunrise/Sunset
From: btippett@alum.MIT.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 11:38:42 +0100
        I just checked the sunrise and sunset times for Mali Vysotskij
Island (60.40 North and 28.40 East) for the dates of their operation:

Date            Sunrise         Sunset

05 July           0044           1935
15 July           0102           1920

        Looks like extreme Northeast North America might have a chance
but even Boston's sunset is only 0019 on 15 July, so it will be difficult
at best.  I think the rest of us will have to hope for another expedition
in the September/October timeframe which would have more darkness.  Good
luck to all if you need this one!

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV