Topband: R1AND and R1MVA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: R1AND and R1MVA
From: sire@omen.com.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 13:52:56 +0800
Conditions were very interesting this morning, with Mike R1AND worked for
my first QSO with Antarctica at 2253Z on 1831 kHz.  Mike has been quite
active during the last couple of weeks at around 2300Z on 1832 or 1831.

A few minutes later, I heard R1MVA very weakly on around 1830, about RST
329, with EA8AK calling him at a solid RST 55/69.  Imagine my surprise, when
I heard R1AND calling R1MVA, in what was a potential (almost) North to South
Pole QSO - amazing!  R1MVA then faded right out, so I hope Mike R1AND made
the QSO.

No luck with R1MVA at this end, but it looks like Mike VK6HD made it, for a
VK6 first.  Congratulations, Mike!

Incidentally, QSL info for R1AND is via RW1AI.  If anyone has an address
or RW1AI, I would appreciate a direct e-mail.

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ