Topband: 5H3RK

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 5H3RK
From: gtaft@voyager.net (George Taft)
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 21:41:44 -0400
Hi Larry

Ralph, 5H3RK is just getting an antenna up for low bands.  He mentions
buying a Butternut vertical from Dave, 5H3US and apparently has it up and
working.  Rx is a problem in Dar, of course but Ralph is experimenting with
various loops around his seaside flat in Tanzania.  We send him an MFJ
noise cancellor recently so that may help as well.

Ralph is a excellent CW op with a liking for low bands.  U will remember
him as Z21HS about 3 years ago and his regular sunrise patronage on top
band.  Hopefully we will see more of him on 80/160 M as the season
improves.

73  George  W8UVZ

PS  Ralph is using an ICOM 751A that we shipped him from the US and a
modest FL 2100Z Amp he has nursed around Africa.  He's been QRV on HF with
a Hygain TH3 tribander that we shipped along with the rig.

PPS  Dave, 5H3US will be QRV till abt Sept 7th and will return to the USA
on holiday (will be banquet speaker at the W9DXCC, I understand).  I assume
he will be gg back after the holiday.