Topband: EL2WW - first week of activity

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: EL2WW - first week of activity
From: DEMEULEN@unhcr.ch (Mark Demeuleneere)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:32:17 +0200
Well, I was there 4 nights in a row for EU. Not a single beep heard.
Also 80m is very bad. Not a single European. I heard 7j4aal on 80 ssb the last
two nights around 2030z.

As anticipated, the noise level was gross on topband. The wettest capital in
Africa, Monrovia is called. Well, it must be close, if not so.

I continue my sked for EU next week, Monday through Thursdays, 1828.5, qsx
up1-up2, at 2100z. I know some people in EU are desperately trying to work me
before I leave in November.  Also in other continents.
Let's just hope this noise level goes down and conditions improve.
I will make random skeds with other continents the coming weeks, just call me
when you hear me active on one of the higher bands, and we'll take it from
there.

Starting October, no matter how the conditions and noise level are, I will make
fixed schedules for the other continents.

Bob, ex-A92GD, is now here and licensed as EL2RF. He told me it will be probably
impossible to be active on topband from his present location. But you never
know.

73 - Mark - on4ww/el2ww.

QSL via ON5NT (cards are getting out, Ghis has been very busy professionally)