Topband: short vertical ?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: short vertical ?
From: jjelect@fgi.net (jjelect@fgi.net)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 08:57:42 -0500
Hi all
I have a matching question regarding a new vertical i am building.I have
50ft of 2"aluminum tubing insulated from a 18"square of plate at the base
by about 6 inches.At the top I used another 18"sq x 1/4"t piece threading
it to the end at the 50ft level I then used 1/2" aluminum tubing qua 8 in a
spoke pattern which gives me a capacitance hat of 10ft 4" in dia with a
piece of solid #10 ga wire connecting the outer tips.I can top load or
bottom load this antenna.I will also be installing a complete ground screen
of 24 ft sq to start just under the base then 120 1/4 wave radials from the
center piont of the vertical.I have read as much on the matching net works
i can find but just not sure of what sizing of component values to use or
which way to feed.

                                     10ft 4 in

                           50ft vert   I

                                  insulator
                                  base

                                 naturally this is only going to be used
for tx on 160 in the typical area of 1825 to 1840 area Any input on coils
caps or tuning net work or words of wisdoms will be appreciated an tried
thank you all who read   73 skip ws9v