Topband: ZX0F on topband (my experience)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ZX0F on topband (my experience)
From: Uwe.Gruenberg@RegTP.de (ROST-Vfz-3c)
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 13:15:27 +0100
HAA04784
Sender: owner-topband@contesting.com

Hi Top Bander`s,

Jeff, K1ZM, wrote:

We subsequently learned our EU and USA phased beverage systems were
going to be absolutely KILLER RX systems. When listening towards the
USA, Europe was totally **invisible** and when listening to Europe, USA
pileups simply vanished. It was the most remarkable listening experience
I have ever seen - really!

Interesting to read this. At the 2nd night I tried to work ZX0F on 160
mtrs. I called him 2 hours.
He made really a huge signal!
There were only a couple of UA & UA9 Stations who called him, no further
EU´s.
I use 500 Watts into a full-size quad-loop for 160 mtrs, but I got no
reaction.
Mostly US-stations came in log, because of the USA phased beverage
system, I think...
The only DL who broke the pile up this time was Diet, DL3DXX.
Then, at the morning ZX0F`s signal became more quieter, a few EU´s had
no problem to work with him.
But this time he was too weak here and the EU pile was strong.

73!
Uwe, DL9GOA