Topband: UA2FF

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: UA2FF
From: bogyo@ph.debrecen.hu (Bogyo Istvan)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 15:56:52 +0100
Dear Fellow Topbanders,

I read the summary of VK9LX with great interest. Bad news is that I could
not work him (again) and that VK9L will probably be a rare one in the next
few years to come.

BUT. Nick says the biggest signal he has heard was of RK2FWA/RW2F/UA2FF. Now
I think their transmitting antenna would be worth to think about. Does
anyone (perhaps UA2FF himself) reply and tell me more? I have plenty of
space here - we live on a 1 hectar farm, and the surrounding 100 hectars can
be used for Beverages, etc - so I would try to build something better than
my single vertical with 66 radials.

73 es DX

Steve HA0DU

P.S. I believe they are using one of the FVR Spitfire arrays described at:
http://www.yccc.org/Features/Spitfire/spitfire.htm   ...de W4ZV