Topband: Propagation to Zone 12?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Propagation to Zone 12?
From: sm3sgp@kkn.net (Gus Widell)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 01:59:29 +0100
Hi,

Just signed on this reflector.
One week ago I finished a shunt feed of a 24m high tower with a 6 el KLM for
14 MHz at the QTH of CE3FIP.
As of now, a few elevated radials, and a few grounding rods.

We also have a 280 meter long Beverage in about 10 degrees.
The noise level is VERY high, from power lines nearby.

How about propagation to Southern South America from different parts of the
world?
In about one weeks time, I will be in Santiago at CE3FIP and test the new
antenna.
In CQ WW SSB from CE3F we only made 3 contacts, NP4A, PJ4B and LU4FM. In the
contest we used a LOW hanging INV-L.

73 de Gus, CE5/SM3SGP