Topband: VK6 cndx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: VK6 cndx
From: bazley@fullcomp.com.au (Michael Bazley)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 08:20:52 +0800
Good morning,
Someone said that cndx were down on last year. Even though there were 2
good openings to North America and Europe, overall I agree. Normally, from
October to March, there is a 50% chance of an opening to Europe. So far,
this season, there have been times whne no Europeans were worked for seven
days or more.
The past week, 10 Minutes after sunrise, ( now 1100z), The East coast of
North America has come through, a few QSO's made and by 1130z the band has
gone dead again. Unusual cndx this morning, 2015z to 2100z, ( sunrise
2052z), Europeans signals were only workable on the vertical right up to
sunrise. Usually the inv vee takes over 30 minutes to sunrise. Europeans
signals were not strong and the beverages were useless. ( I thought the big
6 foot+ 'roo had gone through them again). It was'nt until after sunrise
that the inv vee took over from the vertical.
Around 2110z I moved to 80m and the European beverage was a good 2 S points
up on my 80m array!
What a crazy band 160 is!
Hope the cndx are good for the CQ CW test. Most of my time will be spent on
160..the rest, hopefuly, sleeping.
Have a good weekend,
73 es dx de Mike VK6HD