Topband: Morning condx.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Morning condx.
From: scaroni" <scaroni@phoenix.it (scaroni)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 06:07:13 +0100
Hi to all,

we have had from Europe very good conditions to DX this night, starting
before with a very good signal from UA0MF in Vladivostok, and immediatly
later with north USA and Canada.
Between 22.20 Z and 2.00 Z i have worked more than 50 NA station, but the
condition were with a very faster and  deep QSB on the received signal, so
seems that the beam of the wave was sweeping very speedly on the north east
of NA, like VE1-2-3  W1-2-3-8-9, no ear signal from other states between
this time.
So if i was not faster to answer at the call, in few seconds the station was
gone to signal 0.
Sorry for all the station that i was'nt ear, but also i know perfectly that
my Tx antenna performe very well compared to the situation of media station,
so is possible that many ear me and i cannot ear them, also with my beverage
and phased loop that i have used this night for all the contact.
I have made some test with VQ9DX for several evening in this last two week
and my signal was almost every time about 569/579 in low power with 100 W!!
so nothing can have the performance of the full wave slooping dipole on the
long tower, hi hi.
I also would like to suggest at the NA station to call sometimes also, not
only waiting for the DX, becouse you for us are the DX, and i not agree at
100% with the top Dxer that tell to call only the quality DX, that is not so
present on 160, but this is our hobby, and is very beautiful also call not
only for rare DX, while in that manner the band many times seems closed but
maybe open!!
So hope to another good opening in this high sunspots.
Many 73 to all and at the next time.

IK2DED Giulio