Topband: [SECC] VK6 propagation in 'test

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: [SECC] VK6 propagation in 'test
From: gary@noblepub.com (Gary Breed)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:26:25 -0500
FWIW, I noticed an interesting phenomenon in the 160 contest. Both VK6HD and
VK6VZ were very loud (make that "HUGE") for quite a while Saturday morning,
yet they were coming in on quite different paths. VK6HD was noticably
stronger on the SW pattern, while VK6VZ was better on the NW pattern (I
don't have a due West choice). My loops have a very broad pattern, so the
paths must have been substantially different. They are less than 200 miles
apart in Western Australia, so it was quite striking to observe the
difference.

160 is a fascinating band!

73, Gary
K9AY