Topband: Unterminated Beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Unterminated Beverages
From: herbs@islands.vi (Herb Schoenbohm)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:34:29 -0400
A simple but effective way to terminate a beverage without a grounded
termination is to place the termination resistor in series with the last 1/4
wave of wire.  In fact the last quarter wave may be place on the ground to
decrease the visibility of the termination portion.  (The transition hidden by a
tree trunk or bush etc.) Some would prefer to bury the wire but that's more
work.

Good Luck

Herb KV4FZ
St. Croix, VI