Topband: JA opening west central Florida

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JA opening west central Florida
From: kk4tr@webtv.net (Joseph Dube)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:45:22 -0500 (EST)
Good Morning All.

This morning at about 1200 UTC or a little before there was a great
opening to JA. It only lasted for about 15 minutes untill 1215 UTC
(coinciding with the sunrise).  As usual by the time I got my station on
the air and lined up it was over. I suppose I could believe my ears,
JA7NT on 1909 kcs listening on 1831 kcs was an honest 599 on my
recieving antenna and a MFJ 1026 noise cancellor. Several other stations
were also heard - a JA4 in particular- but were not nearly as strong as
the JA7. Thats the way it goes I guess. There must be a little masochism
in all of us Topband DXers to get so close but still be a minute away!
Thats my middle name "close but no cigar". Maybe next time!!!!!!!!!!
73's All.

Joe  KK4TR