Topband: VK6 Cndx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: VK6 Cndx
From: bazley@fullcomp.com.au (Michael Bazley)
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 09:57:34 +0800
Greetings,
Cndx last night were superb....7th. Jan...to North America ...unfortunately
the QRN was horrendous, 40 over.
I was interested in Jon's ...AA1K..comments on the reflector that my signal
was changing direction. At sunset, when I worked Jon, I was using the
inverted vee, which was 2 S points up on the vertical. Thirty minutes after
sunset...1201z the vertical and the inv.vee were the same on receive and 5
minutes later the vertical was well ahead. I changed over to the vertical,
for tx, at 1205z. I wonder whether this change would have anything to do
with signal direction from here. A further point. I gave up using the
beverages as signals were coming from an arc  North through to East and to
the South. Murphy would dictate that I would always have the wrong beverage
in so I gave up and used the TX antenna, which of course was more prone to
the QRN.
Funny band 160!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all with lots of new ones,
73 Mike VK6HD