Topband: Delaware report -- JAs again!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Delaware report -- JAs again!
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon Zaimes AA1K)
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 12:56:20 +0000
After very poor or no conditions the last couple of weeks to JA at our
sunrise, it seemed like we were going to have another repeat today. JA1HQT
was heard starting at 1145z but very weak. Nothing else on the band, until
1220z -- a minute before our sunrise -- the JA window was suddenly full of
signals! All fairly weak -- I copied only JH0BBE and JA1JRK's call signs --
but the noise level was extremely low. JA1JRK built to 579 a few minutes
later, and copied him till about 1235z. I believe this was the first
opening this season which didn't really begin till sunrise and stayed quite
a bit past it; have heard this numerous times to JA in previous seasons. No
QSOs today! Saw spot on DX Summit for DS4CNB but no copy here. Keep trying!

73/Jon AA1K
Delaware