Topband: Unterminated Beverage Help

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Unterminated Beverage Help
From: W4nf@aol.com (W4nf@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 16:02:13 EST
Hello,
I'm brand new to the reflector but have used the digest form of the reflector
for help before.  I have just finished running a beverage wire (540' long
about 8 - 10' high) towards 45 degrees (Europe for me).  My problem is that
if I wanted to make it a termintaed beverage that my feed line would be about
1000' long based on how I had to run it on my land.  I don't have any more
3/4" or 7/8" HL in that length so I was going to feed it at the end closest
end (which is the end closest to Europe) to my house which is still a good
500' away.  What do I do with the unterminated end.  Do I slant it down to
the ground starting at about 40' from the end like I would do if I were to
terminate it.  Or should it end at the 8 -10' height that the rest of the
beverage is run at.  Thanks for your help and 73, Jack W4NF