Topband: West Coast

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: West Coast
From: n6ff@tco.net (Dick Wolf)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 08:08:22 -0800
Hi All,

Thought today might show promise, as Peter/9V1PC was coming through with
a great signal at 1430z on 1.824 (his 10 watts and hunk of wire works), Peter
had a nice pileup going when I left his frequency.

At 1446z XZ0A started coming in, weakly at first, then building to a great
579.  He was QSX up, then 1.827, and finally 1.828.  Heard quite a few of
west coast stations make the trip, with a European or two worked in between.
He was still copyable until 1550z here, 15 minutes after my sunrise.  I am
fairly north in Calif (40N - 122W).

Congrats to W2VJN, K7IDX, W7TJ, K6VX, W7NN, NX7K, VE7VV, and many others
who made it through this morning.

The 2nd Group left LAX on Sunday morning - will arrive on Tuesday morning
(XZ time).

73 & GL,

Dick - N6FF