Topband: xz0a and WBBR

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: xz0a and WBBR
From: w8ji@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 19:20:25 -0500
Two days now they have been in at sunset. Yesterday they were
much louder and only southeast. Peak around 2340Z or so.

Today due east, gradually swinging to south east but not nearly as
good as yesterday.

Also, this morning XZ0A peaked 569 southwest, much louder than
at my sunset when he was east and south east. Not any signal
until about 1200 Z (when I just see the horizon light up), the peak
was at 1230 (when the sky is just being fully illuminated overhead).
A normal sunrise peak.

WZRC (that rebroadcast WBBR on 1830) is now restored to proper
limits thanks to a quick acting and firm talking FCC engineer. That
has to be a record, notification of violation on Thursday and repair
on Friday!!!  Special thanks to everyone who helped identify the real
culprit! That was 160 meter kill number 8 in just over one year on
160 meters.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com