Topband: the loop is up

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: the loop is up
From: Ku7i@worldnet.att.net (Lane Zeitler)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 06:13:11 -0800
Thank you for all of the replies in regards to whether or not the
shielded loop should rotate or not. I will be installing a rotor in the
near future. With the loop abt 4 feet off of the ground in my driveway
last night I was able to hear the noise get nulled when I manually
rotated the loop. It also did peak some stations. Since it only needs to
rotate 90 degress for complete coverage I might just get a Wacky shack
rotor for $65 and use that. Unless I can find a cheap TR-22 or the like.

Now I need to build the 'Antenna Receive Relay Box'. This will prevent
me from accidently xmitting into the rcv antenna(s) and will also allow
me to select other rcv antennas as I get them built. TX is always into
the selected TX antenna via Jennings RJ1-A vacuum relay.

Thanks again for all of the input. My city lot is 66 feet wide by abt
150 feet long. The next rcv ant is probably going to be a rotatable
flag.

73s

Lane
Ku7i