Topband: XZ0A

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: XZ0A
From: Aprewitt@prodigy.net (Aprewitt)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:10:46 -0700
Hi All,
Tucson,AZ

Started hearing XZ0A at about 1245Z, weak but readable. It is interesting
because he just pops up out of the noise. Mostly mid west stns calling him
at that time. I have no directional antennas, all rx is done on the
vertical.
I can usually hear them on 80 about 40 minutes or so before they are
readable on 160.
At 1300Z he returned my call and a 339 report. I replied with 559. After
that he started to fade. His signals returned around 1430Z but weaker. Heard
him work N7DD (also Tucson) just at our sunrise. With the vertical I do not
seem to notice the sunrise peak everyone talks about. His signal was
stronger about an hour before sunrise.
It was tough going for all this morning.
I will try again just to make sure I am in the log hi hi.

73, Art N4PT