Topband: XZ0A - great condx this morning

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: XZ0A - great condx this morning
From: earlham@radiks.net (Iowaguy)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 06:12:24 -0600
Many of us who have been working now for 10 days to get the XZ worked on 160
were finally rewarded this morning with some outstanding conditions.  Got to
the radio about 1145z and found them coming in abt 559.  Worked them first
call. . . unbelievable after so many hours of just "being close."

Even the east coast was having no problem getting through.  Heard Jon, AA1K,
work them along with others.  As the morning wears on they are getting
stronger.  As I sit here and write this, I can hear their signal coming out
of the headphone clear across the room (abt 15' away).  They are literally
arm chair copy and peaking 569/579.

Their signal is about equal on the NW beverage and the SW beverage. . .
perhaps slightly stronger on the SW but close.  I have noticed the past few
days that I even heard them off the NE beverage (including today).

73. . . Dave
W0FLS