R: Topband: Inverted L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: R: Topband: Inverted L
From: herbs@islands.vi (Herbert Schoenbohm)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:18:42 -0400
Mauri,  I seems that HA0DU has about 40 ohms loss resistance and that if he
started puting in radials (prefer elevated) that the loss resistance would go
down, his SWR would go up, and the efficiency would improve.  (He can deal
with the new match as you described of use a simple L network)

It was once explained to me that 40 ohms of loss resistence at the base of a
vertical, althought the SWR looked good, is like put a 40 dummy load at the end
of the feed line.  As the people to the north of you would day, n'est pas?

Herb,  KV4FZ