Topband: XZ0A on Grayline Evening Path

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: XZ0A on Grayline Evening Path
From: herbs@islands.vi (Herb Schoenbohm)
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 16:30:46 -0400
XZ0A has been very impressive peaking here at local sunset for a few
minutes on 1.826 after 2220Z.  The path seems to align with the present
gray line right to the minute.  Another receiver on 3.506 supports the
path theory.   Unfortunately working them through a huge curtain of
Europeans for my modest 1/4 wave marconi may not be possible.  Even when
they look only for NA the wall of EU callers is reduced only slightly.

I have included a real time gray line chart on my web site.  The gray
line URL is long so the best way to get it is to go to my site at
http://www.islands.vi/~herbs and just below the QTH picture is a link
where you can  obtain a live online gray line projection which you can
bookmark for future needs.

73

Herb, KV4FZ