Topband: More radial questions/scenarios.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: More radial questions/scenarios.
From: KRAMIREZ@tritonpcs.com (Kenneth Ramirez)
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 08:25:05 -0500
              I have a couple of questions that some of you may be able to
help me with. My shunt fed tower has 24 radials of 14 gauge shielded wire
laying on the ground.

      Q1-       Is it feasible to add 3 elevated radials at around the 7
foot level and will this provide any benefit even though this is 7 feet
above the feedpoint and the 24 ground radials???

      Q2-       My 75m 3 vertical array surrounds the shunt fed tower. Each
vertical has its own set of 10 radials elevated at 7 feet.

                  Yesterday I connected a wire from the feedpoint of each
vertical's radial common point to the base of the tower where the 160m
radials are connected. The center frequency of resonance went down about 10
KCs on the 160m system but the 75m F.O.R. went up 10 KCs. This appears to me
that connecting it all together has aided the 160m system but has made the
75m system less efficient. Is this a correct assessment??? Would 3 elevated
radials on 160 along with the 24 ground mounted radials be a better idea so
I can keep the radial system of both the 75m and 160m arrays independent of
each other???

     Anyone else have a similar situation??? Appreciate any responses.

73 Ken N4UK