Topband: Europe via Abnormal Path

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Europe via Abnormal Path
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 11:57:57 -0600
I got on late last night after 0430z and found a pretty good opening
to Europe with signals peaking on the phase settings of my
Beverage combiners at the most extreme setting this year off of
their normal settings.  I think that this translates in the furtherest
south path seen this season.
The central European signals were stronger than those to
their east or west.  Signals ranged from several 579 stations
to a couple that I had trouble with or could only tell when they
were transmitting.  The preferred path varied, but always
was south of short path.
The final morning for XZ0A had their strongest signal (579) to
Nebraska of my limited number of days listening...

73,  Bill     K0HA