Topband: poor antenna, rich score

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: poor antenna, rich score
From: kk@cg.yu (V.Kecman)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:06:11 +0100
Ivo Pezer, 5B4ADA wrote:

>  Jukka did call me (I was using C4A callsign) and broke the US pile up

I was at Ivo's QTH in Nicosia. He uses an inverted V, attached to his 50ft
tower. Actually, the tower is on the roof of one story house, and there is
additional 10ft or more. Some people suggested to me that NO WAY should I
put inv.V antenna, since it is skyburner ant, etc. Now, this is current World
record holder in CQWW CW on Topband, with so modest antenna, still running
even west coast... and he is NOT on the coast. I write this to encourage
people showing on Topband, and primarily myself.

73 Kele
YU1AO/6