Topband: JA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JA
From: ni6t@best.com (Garry & Yelena)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 20:35:58 +0000
I think the issue is what is best for the JA's from THEIR standpoint.
Frankly, I don't see how being at 1.9 MHz is a big Wow for JA
topbanders, who presently cannot just come down and join the pileups but
must depend upon the rest of the planet listening up for them. Second
class DX citizenship, IMHO.

Some DXers might prefer not to have JA's competing directly and will be
just as happy to keep them tucked away at the high end.

That said, JA SSB privileges in what is generally--if not
officially--regarded as a CW segment is not a great idea.

I do not think having two segments will be a big trauma. My guess is
that the JA's will eventually DX down below and work local stuff above.

Garry, NI6T