Topband: 4X4NJ in Los Angeles

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 4X4NJ in Los Angeles
From: k6se@juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:01:18 -0800
We had a great get-together with Riki, 4X4NJ last night.  The topic of
conversation was 160-meter DXing (of course) and Riki showed us photos of
his rotatable tower, which he would like to shunt feed, but he hasn't
worked out the mechanics of it yet.  No big deal, though, because it's
hard to see how he can improve his already big signal using an inverted-L
supported by the same tower.  A photo of the view from his hilltop QTH
toward North America helps explain his good signal in this direction.

A lot of the talk was about the "old days" on 160, with many references
to yesterday's DXers on the band such as W1BB, PY1RO, G3SZA, PA0HIP,
DL1FF, K1PBW, W2EQS, P29PR, VS5RP and many others (you old-timers will
recognize those old 160m call signs).

It was a most enjoyable evening.  To wrap up the evening, Riki made all
attendees honorary members of the Israel Amateur Radio Club by presenting
each of us with an IARC banner.  Mine will find a place on the wall of my
shack along with my other cherished Topband awards.

73, de Earl, K6SE