Topband: Clipperton Island

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Clipperton Island
From: kk4tr@webtv.net (Joseph Dube)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 06:55:03 -0500 (EST)
As advertised the signals from Clipperton were extremely strong last
nite.  I was around for the CW qso between George and Bob which
describing his great run of qso's world wide.  During entire period of
time, Bob was coming through a perfect 599+ into west central Florida.
A little later on I was one of the fortunate ones to be able to work
Bob.  This after only few short calls (something new for me).  As I
listen right now (1130 Z) they have a great ssb signal on 75 meters but
nothing on 160 m.  Too bad because it appears that the signals from that
direction are quite strong judging from the big signals the"fellas in
Texas" on 1.823 mhz are putting in.  Anyway thanks for the new one on
160 meters guys!!

Joe  KK4TR