Topband: re Voyager TNX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: re Voyager TNX
From: westnet@iol.ie (Declan - WestNet DX Group)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:41:49 +0000
Hello Gang,

many thanks to all who responded to my question about the Gap Voyager,
there are just too many to thank individually so hope this general
message will suffice.

The concensus would appear to be that while the Voyager is pretty good
on 40m, and adequate on 80m its a dead loss on 160m which is where my
interest is.

Several suggested the Uni-Hat and had positive comments to make about it,
however while it performs very well in a stable dry envoirnment it seems
to have problems in a wetter clime ... and hey fellas, there's a reason
the Emerald Isle is the colour it is HI .....

It would seem that an inverted L of sorts might be the solution and I'll
certainly try one out and see how it goes along with several other
suggestions from you guys.

Again many thanks for the help and hopefully see you all next season with
a decent signal.

73 de Declan EI6FR