Topband: Latest News - VK9WI - Willis Island - May 2000

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Latest News - VK9WI - Willis Island - May 2000
From: davidgem@fan.net.au (David Gemmell - VK4ZEK)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 01:30:14 +1000
A:   6 meters -
The Bureau of Meterorology has allowed us to take a 5th
operator to Willis Is, so we'll be fully active on 6m VHF.
VK4APG - PJ Garden will join the Willis Team.

B: 6 meters also -
There has been a change to the 6 mtr beacon frequency
due to crystal availability. Please note...
Please check http://www.qsl.net/vk9wi/1freqs.htm for details.

C: 160 meters -
Thanks to George Taft - W8UVZ, a Battle Creek Special
antenna for 160 / 80 / 40 has just arrived in Brisbane.
With the help of our 160 expert Nick - VK2ICV (VK9LX),
we're hoping for plenty of 160 action from Willis.

4: Visitors -
VK4MR - Bob and K6KM - Bill, members of the last
DXpedition to Willis paid us a visit on our boat last Saturday.
Thanks Bob and Bill for the advice and good wishes.
Thanks Bill for bringing the ICE filters with you too.

See you in the pileups in May,

73

David - VK4ZEK
VK9WI Skipper=20