Topband: RE: Hildreth Engineering Corp. Filter

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RE: Hildreth Engineering Corp. Filter
From: k0ckdennis@machlink.com (Dennis Peterson)
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 16:48:32 -0500
With regards to the Hildreth engineering filter Model 12 CW Processor, I
have one that hasn't been used in several years in Excellent condition
with the modification board #408 that gave it additional pre limiting
throught a SPDT mini toggle switch.

When I live in the Seattle area, it was used to help pull out those weak
DX signals we suffered with known as the black hole region.  It did make
a difference in my location and with due respect to the conditions that
we were confronted with on 160 meters.  This is the band I used it on
90% of the time.

The unit uses 12-15 VDC supplied through the backside by way of a male
receptacle.  The only change that has been made to this unit is an
illuminated pushbutton power on switch to know when the unit is active
and when it is not.  It still works.  I used it with a Yaesu FT101EE and
an ICOM 735.

I can't remember what I paid for it nearly 10 or 12 years ago, but it is
in excellent shape.  Somewhere I have the small manual or paperwork on
it too.  If you are interested in it, make me an offer or I might
consider trade for some antenna software programs.    If interested send
an email message directly to me at my email address.

KØCKD            Dennis