Topband: DX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: DX
From: bazley@iinet.net.au (Michael Bazley)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:08:57 +0800
Hi All,

Why does it take a dx-pedition to open the band?

I am QRV everyday before my sunrise listening to nothing but rx noise....I
know this is usually a quiet time of the year for us.
7P8AA comes on .....thanks for a good shake on 160....and the band is full
of Europeans, not strong but there.

This morning the band was dead as usual...nothing from a CQ, then 1A0KM came
on the band.....peaking 579.... and the band was full of Europeans calling,
some up to 589. The Europeans and the 1A0 were good copy until about 2
minutes before sunrise and then the band dropped out.

Are our 160 DXCC totals so high that we are only looking for the new ones
now?

73 es dx de Mike VK6HD

BTW if anyone wants to try rtty on 160 during the Northern Winter I will
have the modem hooked up.