Topband: aurora

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: aurora
From: kl7y@alaska.net (Dan Robbins)
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 06:14:03 +0100
I tried testing this back in the '80s and never saw any significant difference
between the low end and the top end of the 160m band on a transauroral path.
On 80 meters, however, it did seem like there were times where 3.8 mHz was
considerably better than 3.5 mHz.  Another item of note is that I used to use EU
AM BC stations around 1500 to 1600 kHz as indicators of how good 160 would be to
EU.  Most of the time they were reliable indicators, but there were a few times
when the BC stations were roaring in and 160 was putrid pole-wise.  I don't
think Mother Nature likes Topband....

                                                            Dan KL7Y