Topband: K4SXT is in A9

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K4SXT is in A9
From: daveN4SU@att.net (David Kennedy)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 07:17:19 -0400
Top Banders: The following message was received from Gus,
ex KH2/K4SXT. Looks like he will be active from Bahrain A9
in time for the Fall/Winter Top Band season. GL, Dave, N4SU

Dave,

Nice to hear from you.  Yes, I am ready to receive
cards here in Bahrain.  I am still living in a hotel
(Sheraton) here and waiting to move into a house - we
have found one and are in negotiations.  We were not
able to find any houses that offer the land required
for a good top band antenna.  I am going to try an
inverted L - can get the height but not sure if I will
have the necessary space for the horizontal run.
Worst case scenario will be to order the 160 meter
adapter for my HF-2V.  The house we are looking at is
about 25 feet from the Arabian Gulf, so I should get
some good reflections and a decent ground (can't
ground in the water as there is a street between the
house and the water).  The HF-2V is going to go on top
of a 3 story house so I expect to have a good signal
on 40 and 80.  I do not have a license yet but one of
my guys is working on it for me (no big deal because I
won't have my household goods shipment with the rig
until middle of Sep).  Thats all for now from Bahrain
- where it's real HOT -- over 115f every day this
week.

73,
Gus