Topband: Beverage length

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage length
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com (Cqtestk4xs@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:20:18 EDT
I am getting ready to put up beverages for cqww.  I have enough room top put
them up at least 540 ft(approximately 4 wavelengths on 40 mtrs).  I have
enough room to make one of them around 850-900 ft.  I have heard that it is
best to make them exact multiples of the highest frequency for which they are
to be used. Nr 14 guage wire will be used, and they will be around 10 feet
high.  I will be using them on 160, 80 and 40.
This is the first time I have constructed a beverage, and am really a rookie
with these antennas.  Any thoughts that the oldtimers could give me about the
lengths etc would be a big help.
Bill K4XS