Topband: RX END-FIRE ARRAYS

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RX END-FIRE ARRAYS
From: NX4D@earthlink.net (Doug Waller)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:35:19 -0400
While I still enjoy any info related to beverages, at present I only
have 150 feet of space to play with.  Tried a slinky type bev with
minimal results.  Now am employing a pennant, which does kill alot of
pwr line noise off the back.  Only in certain cases does it really pull
one out that I just cant copy on the tower/sloper.  Will add a 20db bb
preamp shortly to check for any improvements.

But what really has my attention is the RX end-fire array in ON4UN's
book, where he states "They can almost match Beverage antennas!".  Has
anyone tried one of these?  I see where Titanex offers them for sale,
but this type of RX antenna still seems largely ignored.  It is rather
complicated, possibly difficult to tune & has narrow bandwidth, but I am
desperate to find something that will really work on this lot.

73/DX, Doug / Nx4d