Topband: Re: Long Path

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: Long Path
From: K1ZM@aol.com (K1ZM@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 06:16:23 EST
Hi Robin

My experience on this path was that signals appeared on a 155 degree beverage
starting about 1420z.  My sunset is at 1331z and I will be starting about
1315z on the band.

My signals were reported coming out of the SW at the W6 end and then moving
to WEST as the West Coast went into daylight.

If all goes well, I will have an alternate RX antenna to try - so we will
just see what develops on the ground over there.  We have a ton of work to do
but as we get NEAR the contest, I will do my best to give the west coast a
good 3-4 days whack at this.

Realistically, I expect to be QRV to make a try by West Coast sunrise next
Thursday at ur sunrise - and then will repeat the attempts on Fri-Sunday.

There is a possibility of one last attempt on the Monday sunrise following WW
CW, but that will be the last opportunity.

Good luck to all.

Hope I can work more than last year.

73 JEF

K1ZM@aol.com