Topband: A61AJ - Longpath Opening to W6/W7 1400-1500z 20 Nov

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: A61AJ - Longpath Opening to W6/W7 1400-1500z 20 Nov
From: K1ZM@aol.com (K1ZM@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:08:07 EST
Hi Gang

Here's who is in my log from NA during today's GREAT longpath opening just
after my sunset:

K7CA
W7LR
N7JW
W6AJJ
K6GNX
W6PBI
K6GNX (AGAIN - PROB TO BE SURE!!)
K6VX
W7GG
AI7B
WW7OR
W7EJ
N7UA (WE RAN THE 4 SQ TEST - BOB XMITTED ON ALL 4 QUADRANTS - HE WAS **BEST**
AT MY END ON RX WHEN HE AIMED SW - HE DROPPED DOWN ABOUT AN S UNIT WHEN HE
WENT NW - I DID NOT HEAR HIM AT ALL WHEN HE BEAMED NE AND SE.  OUR 4 SQ IS
STILL IN PROGRESS - IF WE GET IT FINISHED, I WOULD LIKE TO REPEAT THIS TEST
WITH BOB AGAIN LATER IN THE WEEK - BOB PSE CALL IN AGAIN AROUND THURS OR
FRIDAY MORNING - TKS!)

W7WLH (LAST ONE I COULD PULL OUT OF THE LOCAL BC SIGS WHICH ARE EVERYWHERE AT
SUNSET!!!)

The band closed about 1500z.

Looks like 14 in the log.

Pse listen CLOSELY to what I am saying RE MY qsx FREQ.

There are narrow windows over here for RX at sunset - they open and close
almost by the minute!

1833 and 1828 seem to alternate back and forth as good slots for me to hear
you guys on.

1831 is quite clear most of the time but I would PREFER that you guys do not
call on top of my xmit freq - as this just slows things down.

When you hear me calling CQ - pse listen for my QSX freq as announced -
hearing none, try a call on 1828 or 1833 - as I tune back and forth from 1828
- 1833 after each CQ.

Good hunting!

It was quite a thrill this morning.

Note to K6SSS - Fred, pse try again - I honestly do not think I heard your
call this AM - keep trying!!

73 JEFF

K1ZM@aol.com