Topband: Re: FY5KE

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: FY5KE
From: danilo.brelih@siol.net (Dan, S50U)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 13:45:19 +0100
At 08:50 24.11.00 , Ryszard Tymkiewicz wrote:

>Well, at least for me FY is very rare on Topband

Hi list
This is what I get from Jacques, F6BEE, great man, I meet him in
Bled, WRTC 2000.

>I'll be arriving in Kourou on sunday 19th but if Ariane 4 schedule
>is followed, access to the club station FY5KE should be forbidden on
>the evening of the 20th as there is a launch. Hope no delay this time
>and I might be testing the station on the following days. 160 m should
>work with Eu at 0300 / 0400z that is 23/24 local time. I need to rest
>before the contest and recover 4 hours of jet lag.
>Nothing after the contest as I take my plane back to Paris on monday at
>abt 2130z and have to pack all of my heavy luggage.
>I'll be using a FT-1000MP and Alpha 87a into an inv-vee dipole with the
>apex at 20 m. Not sure to be able to put a beverage to N/NE as this
>direction is a bit obstructed by 2 houses with people going back and
>forth, but I'll try to set up some receiving antenna.

Will be on the band for whole CQWW weekend testing new location
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s50e/eng/postojanke/gorski_vrh.htm and if anyone
going to do some comparisons on EU signals this time, I'll be very
happy to get such report. S5 SR/SS is 0613/1523

Thanks & GL, Dan S50U

Contesting is ..... Extreme Radio

Danilo Brelih, S50U
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s50u