Topband: k9ay loops story !!!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: k9ay loops story !!!
From: on4ma@village.uunet.be (Marc Wullaert)
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 20:28:42 +0100
Hi topbanders ...

Did someone build the K9AY loop whit insulated wire?
I did't and sorry no way to receive something.The antenna
was complete deaf.I build it 2 years ago for a backup ,if i can't put up my
beverages on the farmers land.
The first one was build with copperwire 0.8mm (thats 24 gauge ,if i'm
correct ???).Worked great.
I rebuild the loops again whit 0.8 copper wire and everything is back like
th older one.

I did some measurements whit my Analyzer (MFJ259b)
Whit the insulated loops there was high SWR in the shack !Whit the tinny
wire loops SWR is good.

73 on4ma

Marc Wullaert   ON4MA
Software Manager UBA