Topband: 2 Element Hybrid with Broadside Capability

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 2 Element Hybrid with Broadside Capability
From: w5ps@airmail.net (Peter Sears)
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 08:56:43 -0600
Ron, I bought the second 160M Comtek box that Jim built for my pair of
quarter wave verticals spaced 130' and fed 90 degrees out of phase and
switchable to in phase. I combined the two 90 degree outputs of the
Comteck Box and I placed a 180 degree line on the output of the 0 degree
and combined the 0 and 180 outputs. Now you have two outputs 90 degrees
apart. It worked very well. I can't remember the arrangement that I used
for the in-phase but I built a relay box with a certain amount of coax
to obtain the in-phase amount.

Now I have a 4 square but the box can be modified for a 2 vertical
array.

Peter
W5PS