Topband: Dual Band Inverted L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Dual Band Inverted L
From: VY2MGY@IDIRECT.COM (VY2MGY)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:50:52 -0000
Hi Guys

I have reconfigured my 130 ft Inv L  [1/4 wave on 160] to 80 ft [1/4 wave
on 80].  The antenna has 40' vertical and 40' horizontal.

When I ran it through EZNEC I got a takeoff angle of 25 degrees on 160 and
30 degrees on 80 which seems quite good for DX work on both bands.

This is compared to when I had my 130 ft Inv L [55 vertical and 75
horizontal] which gave me a TOA of 30 degrees on 160 and 85 degrees on 80
[ouch!]

My question for you guys is am I any further ahead with this new
configuration?? It loads 1.1 to 1 and seens to work on both 80 and 160 very
well.
There are 90 radials under it [each 130' long].

My goal is to have low TOA for 160/80 and this seems to be the answer. But I
can't help wondering what I am missing???

Thanks in advance for your learned replies.
Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings to all.

73 de Brian VY2MGY/3