Topband: Beverage tuning aid

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage tuning aid
From: n4uk@mindspring.com (Ken Ramirez)
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 08:29:20 -0000
                      Another resource that I have found to be extremely
helpful when tuning, and comparing receive antennas using  broadcast
stations is the National Radio Club's AM Guide. The guide is updated on a
yearly basis and includes distinct listings by frequency,station call sign
and location for all AM stations in the USA, Mexico, and Canada. Detailed
information on the station such as power output level, antenna orientation,
and program type are also included. Tune in an AM station, get a callsign
and you can quickly find out where it is located without having to wait
around for a commercial break. It has saved me time and has also become a
fun "side hobby" finding new low power AM stations sandwiched between the
power houses. There is more information on the NRC guide in January's issue
of QST on page 80.
73 Ken N4UK